In today’s world, we’re always on the go. Wake up, get dressed for work, and you’re out the door and onto your next destination. We rarely have time for breakfast and the breakfast that we end up eating at our desks is often unhealthy. Instant oatmeal loaded with tons of sugar, cereal (also loaded with tons of sugar), or a breakfast bar (yes, you guessed it, which is loaded with tons of sugar). Spend 30-45 minutes on Sunday preparing this amazing breakfast dish and you will be set for the week and most likely into the weekend.
10 -12 eggs whisked well
1 green onion, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
3 big handfuls of spinach
2 bell peppers, chopped
8 oz chicken sausage
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a frying pan on the stove top and turn on to medium-high.
3. Coat the pan in olive oil and throw in the onions and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.
4. Throw in the chicken sausage first as this takes the longest to cook. As it is cooking, break the sausage up into small pieces.
5. Toss in the chopped zucchini and bell peppers. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Saute for approximately 5-7 minutes.
6. Throw in 3 large handfuls of spinach. It is important that this goes in last as spinach cooks very quickly.
7. Remove items from frying pan and lay into the baking pan. Pour the whisked eggs over the veggie/sausage mix.
8. Place baking pan into oven and back for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
9. Cut into small squares and pack for breakfast on the go!