Since my fridge was stocked with limes, avocados, and cilantro, I was on a mission to find recipes that used these ingredients. Another warm summer night called for a refreshing seafood dish. Enjoy!
Bjorn gives this: 2 thumbs up. But enjoyed this with a side of white Jasmine rice. I was drooling over the rice…
Tuna with avocado and cilantro marinade
- 2 tuna steaks
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Combine the coconut oil, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add the tuna steaks and let it soak in the fridge for at least 2 hours (I did mine overnight)
2. Once you’ve allowed the fish to marinade long enough, remove it from the fridge and scrape off any of the excess marinade. You will need to save the marinade for later. Pan sear the tuna steaks in a frying pan at a medium-high heat – approximately 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
3. Add the rest of the marinade into the pan for a few minutes until it turns into a thick paste.
4. Lay the sliced avocado on top of the tuna steak and top with the cilantro lime marinade.