I was truly amazed at how well the pork fried “rice” turned out. Since I had the ingredients, I created a really simple dish – very little time and so simple to make – and well, just check out the photo yourself….. it tasted FANTASTIC.
Grilled pork chops with yolk-y goodness
- 1/4 cauliflower head
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 pork chop
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
1. Prepare cauliflower rice. See previous post for recipe.
2. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, add your olive oil, onions, garlic, and ginger. Saute for about 3 minutes.
3. Add in the pork chop and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side (you can be to the judge of the timing based on the thickness of your pork chop)
4. Remove pork chop (and onions, garlic, ginger) from the skillet.
5. Turn your temperature down to medium. Add a touch of olive oil and cook your egg over easy (you want the yolk to be runny).
6. Place the “rice” on a plate, top with the pork chop, and finish off with the egg on top.