Labor day marks the end of summer and gives us all an opportunity to have one last cookout before the weather gets chilly. I’m so excited for the fall, it’s my favorite season. Can’t wait to break out the leather boots, wool blazers, and fun tights!
My sister made a delicious potato salad for our Labor day BBQ and it was soooo scrumptious. Again, this is why I cannot commit to the Paleo diet 100%, there are just some things that are too good to pass up. However, being on the diet has made me more aware of my food choices and has also taught me the importance of portion control. So I had a spoonful of the potato salad and called it a day.
I made some really simple dips for our guests and served them with cut up veggies. I think these dips/spreads would also be great in a meal, served on top of a grilled chicken breast. Mmm…
Bjorn didn’t try these, but the dips got a stamp of approval from the guests!
Avocado Tomato Salsa
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Sea salt and black pepper
1. Toss all ingredients into a bowl, chill, and serve.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 strips of crispy bacon
1. In a skillet over high heat, cook the bacon until well done and crispy
2. Mix remaining ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until nice and creamy.
3. Add in chopped pieces of the bacon, chill, and serve.
Sundried Tomato and Basil Paste
See previous post for recipe: