Honestly, who doesn’t like a nice piece of homemade meatloaf? Yeah, maybe it would be smart to stay away from that mystery meat when you were eating at the dining hall in college… but nothing beats a good ol’ homemade meatloaf. And one that has BACON you say? Sold!
- 1 lb 93/7 ground beef
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Paleo ketchup
- Sea salt & black pepper
1. In a skillet on high heat, cook the bacon strips until nice and crispy. Remove from skillet. After the bacon is cool, chop into small pieces.
2. With the remaining bacon fat, turn heat to medium-high and add the onions and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes.
3. Toss in the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, almond meal (this replaces the bread crumbs in a traditional meatloaf), and eggs. Add the bacon, onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
5. Pack the meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan, coat the top with Paleo ketchup, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite veggie.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.