Bjorn wasn’t home tonight for dinner…. so dinner alone. Even better though because then that means I can eat whatever I want! The old me would’ve had a fluffer-nutter sandwich or a banana and Nutella sandwich or one of Trader Joe’s infamous frozen entrees. But guess what — you can put together a quick and easy dinner with fresh and simple ingredients.
Based on what I had in my fridge, I decided on a salad. I’m not really sure if this post calls for a recipe… Many people know how to put together a salad right? Hehe. The flavors of this salad were fantastic – didn’t even need any dressing on top.
A note to those who dine alone – always eat at the dining room table. Don’t plop yourself on a couch in front of the T.V. This is how over-eating happens!! You’re so fixated on the T.V. show and you’re just shoving food into your mouth. Meals should be savored and enjoyed till the very last bite. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of time to catch up on your T.V. shows after you eat dinner… but just make sure you don’t bring the tub of ice cream with you. 🙂
PS – I’ve made this salad before… Bjorn says: “If all salads were like this, I’d eat it all the time!!”
PSS – I used the big plate for this one 😉
Baby Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 3 big handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 6 oz. chicken breast, grilled
- 4 sundried tomatoes (not marinated in oil), sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Lay baby spinach on a plate; top with eggs, sundried tomatoes, and avocado
- Season chicken breast with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle olive into skillet and grill over medium to high heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Slice up chicken breast, place on top of salad and enjoy!