How do you like your eggs cooked? Over easy for me, please! My husband likes them over hard. What’s wrong with him? As a matter of fact, what’s wrong with all of you people that enjoy your eggs over hard? Add that to the list of things in life that I’ll never understand.
Sausage scramble topped with a fried egg
- 12 oz package of Applegate chicken sausage (or any sausage of your choice), chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 sundried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs (adds a really nice flavor), chopped
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 6 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a skillet over medium to high heat, drizzle olive oil and add onions and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add sausage, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms to the skillet. Mix well and saute for 5-7 until cooked through. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Throw in spinach, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, while mixing the spinach in with the other ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and fry your egg to order (optional).