One of the main reasons as to why I started this blog was because I wanted to show people that it’s super easy and simple to cook fresh, healthy, and restaurant quality meals at home. It’s definitely nice to go out to dinner once in awhile (hubby and I always try a new restaurant or visit a favorite at least once a week), but with some extra love and care in the kitchen at home, you can be your own little super chef of the household.
I don’t need to explain my love for eggs. (If you are really interested, see my numerous posts which include the delicious egg: Over easy, medium, or hard?, Shakshuka me baby!, Deconstructed Omelet) I recently bought this egg gadget from Home Goods – it’s called the Lil Poach (HOW CUTE?!). It’s a silicone cup for poaching eggs. Thought I’d give it a try, though eventually, I’ll have to learn to poach an egg the “real” way, hehe.
Smoked salmon wrapped asparagus with poached egg
- 2 asparagus stalks, grilled
- 2 oz of smoked salmon
- 1 egg, poached
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium to high heat, place both asparagus stalks and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Grill evenly for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place the asparagus stalks on your plate and wrap with the smoked salmon.
- Poach your egg (using your Lil Poach) or the traditional way (I’ll share the instructions with you when I master this!).
- Top your smoked salmon wrapped asparagus stalks with the poached egg.
- Break the egg and watch the yolky goodness ooze all over the plate and EAT UP!