My father’s birthday is coming up and the family got together tonight to celebrate. Though dining out is nice, nothing beats time spent in the kitchen with the family, with a glass of wine in hand, prepping and collaborating on a home cooked meal. With our family getting larger, we prefer staying in… It’s more comfortable (especially with the kids), there’s no one rushing you through your dinner, and it’s so much more affordable. My sister made a yummy minestrone soup, filled with lots of veggies and pasta. What did I make? Some delicious Paleo meals, of course…
Grilled Rib Eye Steak
- 4 Rib eye steaks, bone-in
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub (or black pepper)
- Season rib eye steaks well with sea salt and crushed peppercorn and garlic rub.
- In a large skillet over high heat, drizzle olive oil, add steaks, cooking 12-13 minutes on each side (medium rare).
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- 1/2 bunch of Italian Parsley
- 3 scallions
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- In a blender, place the first 5 ingredients in and blend for 30 seconds.
- Continue to blend while slowly pouring in the olive oil until you reach a desired consistency.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
Oh……. and needless to say, I made mashed cauliflower to complete the meal:
Here’s my plate of goodness (featuring from L to R; sliced avocado, rib eye steak, chimichurri sauce, mashed cauliflower):
Happy birthday ba-ba!!! (Cake courtesy of Stew Leonard’s)