Need to satisfy that sweet tooth, but what to make?
During blizzard Nemo yesterday, I made Paleo Banana Walnut and Chocolate Chip bread and tried my first attempt at making Paleo brownies. The Paleo brownies were kind of bizarre, hence, no post about that today… Will need to try several other recipes to get it right, so more to come on that one…
I glanced over and saw 4 fairly ripe bananas chillin’ in the fruit bowl (I really should stop buying them in bulk since I’m the only one that eats them!). I remembered I had Ghiradelli 70% cacao squares from the holidays in the pantry. I’ve also been obsessed with sliced almonds. **Insert lightbulb image here** FROZEN BANANAS DIPPED IN DARK CHOCOLATE AND CRUSHED ALMONDS!
Chocolate and Almond Dipped Frozen Bananas
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- 16 oz of 70% cacao chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz almonds, crushed
- Wax paper
- Insert popsicle stick into each banana half (I didn’t have popsicle sticks handy, but recommend since it makes the dipping process much easier!)
- Place peeled bananas in a container and freeze for 2 hours.
- In a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate pieces. I do not own a double boiler, so I filled a small pot, about 1/4 full with water. I added the chopped chocolate pieces to a glass mixing bowl. Once the water begins to boil, place the glass mixing bowl on top and continue to stir the chocolate pieces until melted. Note that the glass mixing bowl should not touch the boiling water in the pot.
- While the chocolate is melting, place crushed almonds on a plate and set aside.
- When the chocolate has melted, dip the bananas and coat evenly. Then roll in the crushed almonds. Place on wax paper and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place bananas in an airtight container and freeze until ready to eat!