I made a special trip to Whole Foods this weekend. I rarely shop there; it’s just way too expensive and I don’t enjoy my experience there like I do at Trader Joe’s. I spent like $12 on a jar of whole dried cranberries (really good and juicy), 2 mineola oranges (on sale), coconut flour (the only place around that freakin’ carries this), and beautiful golden and red beets (EXCITEMENT!).
I roasted the beets in the oven and made a warm beet salad to warm the heart. Note, when preparing beets, make sure you wear gloves or your hands and fingers will be bright and red!
The goat cheese is optional, and of course, if you are eating strictly Paleo, then do not add the cheese. But there’s something about the combination of beets and goat cheese… A bite that encapsulates those two flavors is just so right.
Warm Beet Salad
- 4 oz of arugula
- 2 medium sized beets (I used 1 red and 1 golden), peeled, and chopped into small pieces
- 1 oz of pistachios
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 oz of goat cheese (optional, but highly recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Put on rubber gloves. Wash and peel beets, then chop beets into small cube like pieces.
- Place beets onto baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- On your serving plate, spread a layer of arugula leaves. Add the beets, then pistachios. Top with goat cheese.
- EAT UP! No dressing needed!!