Finding fun recipes for the wonderful Medjool date continues…
This recipe is an addition to my previous post. But this time, I added bacon. And yeah, it was THAT good. Serve this up as a passing hors d’oeuvre at your next dinner party and your guests will be oooh-ing and ahhh-ing in excitement.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese and Almonds
Makes 6 pieces
- 6 whole Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 oz of goat cheese
- 6 raw almonds
- 3 strips of uncured bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Stuff each date with goat cheese, one almond, wrap with bacon strip and secure with a toothpick (or two).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.