Fish is one of those dishes that can taste amazing without a lot of ingredients and spices. As a die-hard sushi lover, my favorite preparation of fish is sashimi, natural and raw… yum.
Tonight’s dinner features a classic steamed tilapia fillet, inspired by a handful of fresh Asian ingredients.
Steamed Tilapia with Ginger and Scallions
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 oz of ginger, julienned
- 2 scallion stalks, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- Add 2″ of water into a large pot, cover and boil over high heat.
- Place all ingredients into a heat proof dish.
- Once the water is boiling, place the dish into the steamer basket. Steam for 10-15 minutes, until fish is cooked through (will turn white).
- Serve alone or atop black japonica rice (featured in photo).