It’s quite amusing to see the shocking reaction from people when I tell them to buy oyster sauce for their Asian cooking, NOT soy sauce. They often seem so confused and say something along the lines of: “You’re telling me that soy sauce isn’t the holy grail of Asian cooking?!” No, it’s not. There are so many other wonderful sauces to use when cooking Asian dishes that provide so much more flavor. My mom’s go-to sauce is oyster sauce for just about everything…. And so, this recipe is dedicated to mama.
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- About 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, drizzle olive oil. Add shallots and garlic, saute for a few minutes until shallots become translucent.
- Place drumsticks to skillet, drizzle oyster sauce and lemongrass atop, and cook for about 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.