According to Wikipedia, Bibimbap literally translated means “mixed rice”. I had a lot of ingredients leftover from my Chirashi meal, so thought it would translate well into today’s recipe. I just want to note that this is nothing like the traditional Bibimbap dish, it’s my own personal twist on the classic dish. Just thought that it was really similar as I was putting it together!
- 1 lb, shaved steak
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons, oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon, Mama Sita’s BBQ Marinade
- 2 scallion stalks, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat, drizzle olive oil. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes, until the edges become golden brown.
- Add shaved steak, drizzle oyster sauce and Mama Sita’s BBQ Marinade atop. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Saute for an additional 2 minutes. Top with scallions. Remove from heat.
Not So Traditional Bibimbap
- Steamed white rice
- Seaweed salad
- Pickled daikon radish
- 1 fried egg
- Sauteed onions and steak (recipe above)
- Sriracha sauce
- In a large bowl, add rice, top with seaweed salad, pickled daikon radish, fried egg, and sauteed onions and steak. Drizzle with Sriracha sauce.
- Mix well. Eat.