I can’t believe my last post was in May. A lot has happened in the past two months, I guess! I got a new job and we introduced a new member to our family!!!! We adopted our little Ziggy about a month ago. He has been an amazing puppy and we are absolutely in love with him. Our schedule has changed a bit with the puppy schedule (wake up calls at 5:30 every morning, though lately, he has been letting us sleep in until 6 am). On top of that, my schedule for work has changed because my new job is a bit of a further commute. Out the door around 7:20 am and often not home until 7:00 pm. I haven’t really been cooking as much, but I miss it. We don’t have many plans for tomorrow (Sunday), so maybe I’ll spend some time at my favorite grocery stores and spend the day cooking meals for the week!
Here’s a quick recipe for something that I did make a few weeks ago…
Mussels with Garlic and White Wine Sauce
- 2 lbs Mussels
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 sprigs of parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and add the garlic cloves. Saute garlic until nice and golden.
- Add mussels and mix well with the butter/garlic mixture. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Turn to low heat. Add white wine and simmer for 3 minutes. Cover for 5-7 minutes, or until mussels open up.
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Optional – Serve with french bread to soak up the wonderful white wine sauce.
And…… here’s a picture of our little pup!