We’ve been eating so poorly lately. I’ll usually get home around 6 or 7 during the week and am often too tired to cook. I have tons of recipe ideas buzzing in my head, but am having some trouble finding the energy to work my magic in the kitchen. I must find a new routine. We cannot continue eating like this. One night, I came home and Bjorn had already eaten dinner. What was his dinner? “Pizza bagels and pigs in a blanket”, hah!
I always love a good salad. Good salads always require a little bit of extra effort, but it sure is worth it in the end. The mango and avocado were getting super ripe, so I knew I had to include that in my meal tonight. Since I didn’t plan ahead, I could only include seafood as my protein (easy to defrost). Turned out pretty good for a last minute dish! Took about 15 minutes from start to finish to prepare and cook.
Baked tilapia over chopped Romaine
- 1/2 head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tilapia filet
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- Season tilapia filet with sea salt and black pepper. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place mango, avocado, grape tomatoes, and lime juice in a bowl. Mix well. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the chopped Romaine on a plate, top with tilapia and mango mixture. Serve immediately.