Here are some of my thoughts on the train ride home one evening from work…
“What should I make for dinner?”
“We don’t really have anything fresh at home, should I go to the grocery store?”
“Which grocery store is the most convenient and on the way?”
“Nah, I don’t really want to make an extra stop.”
“I think I have some sweet potatoes and a couple of pork chops in the fridge… Maybe I can make pasta out of the sweet potato, similar to zucchini? Would that work??”
As I got off the train, I sped walked to my car, rushed home (don’t worry, I stayed within the speed limit), walked into the house and started on dinner right away. I had a mission and I was excited to try it!
Well, needless to say, sweet potato gets two thumbs up as a pasta alternative in my book! It’s great to just eat on its own since it’s already so flavorful. No need to add tomato sauce or any other sauce, but that’s my personal preference.
Sweet Potato “Pasta”
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Using a mandoline, select the appropriate julienne blade insert. You want the strips to be thin, but not too thin and flimsy. Julienne both sweet potatoes, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut butter.
- Add julienned sweet potatoes and saute for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve with a protein of your choice. I did grilled pork chops topped with a runny egg.
Ziggy also wants to say hello!!! 🙂