91 degrees today. Humid. Hot. Sweaty. Need to cool off. Started out the day with a green smoothie and ended the day with delicious almond butter “ice cream”. The Nutribullet comes to the rescue again. I can’t believe this delicious treat consists of only 3 wonderful ingredients. So easy and very satisfying after tonight’s gym class.
Almond Butter “Ice Cream”
- 1 banana, cut into 1″ pieces, frozen
- 1 tablespoon, almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 oz. almond milk
- Place all ingredients into Nutribullet. Blend until you achieve a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Enjoy! I suppose you can place in an airtight container and freeze for a later date, but why wouldn’t you want to consume ALL OF THIS right now?!
I’m on a mission to find the perfect recipe for Paleo pancakes. A few months ago, I tried making them with two simple ingredients: mashed ripe bananas, and an egg. It did not come out great. It tasted like….. scrambled eggs with bananas (yum?). After that weird experience, I held off on trying another recipe for awhile… But today, I was craving something other than eggs for breakfast (I know, shocking, right?!). I found a few ingredients in my fridge, threw them together in a mixing bowl, and this resulted in Paleo pancakes – trial #1. It’s not perfect yet, but it was MUCH better than the scrambled eggs and banana recipe…
Paleo Pancakes (First of many recipes)
- 1/3 cup of almond meal
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- In a small skillet over medium to low heat, melt some coconut oil (or cooking oil of your choice), and pour batter into the skillet into small silver dollar sized circles.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side (be patient or it will fall apart!!).
- Serve with fresh fruit or agave syrup.