I’m such a sucker for Trader Joe’s marketing. I was grocery shopping over the weekend and picked up a bag of their seafood blend in the frozen section. Right above the price tag, in a bright neon yellow sign says, “Try it with our Arrabiata Sauce!” Without hesitation, I grab the sauce that is so brilliantly placed right above the seafood blend and go on my merry way. A few aisles later, I’ve tossed a bunch of other things into my cart (not on my shopping list) and end up spending way more than expected.
So, what else do I need to purchase to serve with this seafood blend and Arrabiata sauce? Pasta, of course!! But, how can I make this a more nutritious meal? Zucchini pasta! I bought this amazing julienne peeler from Home Goods for only $2.99. It’s the perfect tool (small and easy to use) to make zucchini pasta instead of spending money on another clunky tool to add to the mix of kitchen appliances.
Tonight’s dinner features 3 main ingredients, with a few additional spices to enhance the flavors. It does take some time to prepare, so I wouldn’t call it an easy and quick weeknight dinner, but something to try if you have ~45 mins in the kitchen!
Zucchini Pasta with Seafood & Arrabiata Sauce
- 2 zucchinis, julienned
- Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend (thawed and drained)
- Trader Giotto’s Arrabiata Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon, red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon, sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon, butter
For the zucchini pasta:
- Using the julienne peeler, strip the zucchini down to the seeds. Place julienned zucchini into a large bowl. Season with some sea salt and mix well.
- Prior to cooking, squeeze the zucchini pasta to get rid of the excess water.
- In a medium sized pot, add butter and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add zucchini pasta and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pot and set aside.
For the sauce:
- Using the same pot, add butter and garlic. Saute until the garlic becomes tender.
- Add seafood blend and saute for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add half a jar of arrabiata sauce. Add red pepper flakes (optional).
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve over zucchini pasta.
And here’s a picture of Ziggy, chillin’!!!