Vegetables are amazing. Don’t get me wrong, I love my meat, but sometimes a vegetarian meal can be so satisfying. Here’s another tribute to meatless Mondays…
Zucchini Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Mushrooms
- 2 medium sized zucchini, julienned into “pasta”
- 6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. sundried tomatoes
- 6 oz. marinara sauce (I used Rao’s)
- 4 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and saute half the garlic and half the onions. Saute for 3-5 minutes until golden in color.
- Add mushrooms. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove garlic, onions, and mushrooms and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Using the same skillet, over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and add remaining garlic and onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn to low heat. Add zucchini pasta and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Constantly stir the zucchini pasta to ensure it does not stick to the skillet. Remove from pan and set aside.
- With the same skillet, over low heat, add roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, basil, and marinara sauce. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- To plate, place the zucchini pasta first, then layer with marinara sauce, and top with sauteed mushrooms.