91 degrees today. Humid. Hot. Sweaty. Need to cool off. Started out the day with a green smoothie and ended the day with delicious almond butter “ice cream”. The Nutribullet comes to the rescue again. I can’t believe this delicious treat consists of only 3 wonderful ingredients. So easy and very satisfying after tonight’s gym class.
Almond Butter “Ice Cream”
- 1 banana, cut into 1″ pieces, frozen
- 1 tablespoon, almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 oz. almond milk
- Place all ingredients into Nutribullet. Blend until you achieve a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Enjoy! I suppose you can place in an airtight container and freeze for a later date, but why wouldn’t you want to consume ALL OF THIS right now?!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, how about an apple, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, ginger, and chia seeds? That’s right – this cup of goodness holds so many nutrients and antioxidants. A perfect way to cool down on this beautiful summer day.
- 1 gala apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 4 oz. frozen berry mix (I used Target’s antioxidant blend)
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Add all ingredients into the Nutribullet cup. Add 4 oz. of water.
- Blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Enjoy while relaxing in the sun! 🙂
We bought the NutriBullet a few weeks ago. Ah-mazing. It is one of my all time favorite kitchen gadgets thus far. It comes with a recipe book, which is nice for ideas, but you can pretty much add anything you’d like! Here’s a recipe for one of my power smoothies that I have in the morning to get me going! So easy to make. The NutriBullet also blends everything in about 30 seconds or less. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when I first used it.
It usually goes for $99.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond, but use your 20% coupon and you’re golden ($80 before tax). I already bought one to give to my mom for Mother’s Day!
- 2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1 organic apple, cut into 2″ pieces
- 8 seedless grapes
- 4 strawberries, cut in 1/2
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 of Goji berries
- 1/2 cup of water
- Place all ingredients into Nutribullet cup.
And……. here’s a random picture of my kittykins, Gracie!!! Just loungin’ on the couch.