Seafood is so tasty… If it wasn’t so expensive, we would be eating it every night. It’s awesome when these salmon steaks go on sale at H-Mart for only $5.99/lb!! We buy several packs and store some in the freezer for future use.
Honey Dijon Glazed Salmon
- 2 salmon steaks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons, honey
- 2 tablespoons, dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Mix all ingredients (except for salmon) in a small bowl.
- Brush over salmon steaks.
- Wrap steaks in parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a side of vegetables (photo showcases parisian carrots and peas).
Shopping at an Asian grocery store opens up so many new opportunities in the kitchen. I took a special trip to H-Mart this weekend with my parents. I could spend hours in that grocery store, just getting lost perusing the endless possibilities in every aisle.
Tonight’s meal features a really simple Japanese dish – Chirashi. No cooking necessary. I even got the cooked rice bowls. Just needed to pop that sucker in the microwave. Everything else was already prepared. No effort required at all. And oh so healthy. I wish we could eat this every night. But then we’d be broke.
Ingredients: White rice, seaweed salad, pickled daikon radish, salmon sashimi.